Shane,

My first thought is to create a simple script that just passes those
keys through JAWS.  This can get ugly since Freedom Scientific has
scripts for iTunes and some people use additional scripts like
BlindTunes from http://BlindTunes.net

Just adding a simple, one line script can become a hassle when you
update JAWS or BlindTunes scripts.  You may even need to repeat these
steps in those cases.

1.  Open iTunes.  Pressing Insert + q (CapsLock if using laptop keyboard
layout) to have JAWS tell you what scripts are currently loaded.

2.  Press Insert + 0  in the numbers row to Open the Script Manager.

3.  Press Control + End to go to the bottom of the page.  Paste in the
following lines.

Script PassThroughShuttle ()
TypeCurrentScriptKey ()
EndScript

4.  Move to the first line of the script just pasted and press Control +
d.

5.  Press Tab once and then Space to check the box "Can be attached to a
key".  Fill out the Synopsis (short one line description), a longer
description, and finally when you get to the "Attach to" box, hit your
Alt+Control+LeftArrow key combination. Now hit Enter to save and close
the dialog.

6.  Hit Control + s to save and compile the new set of scripts, then Alt
+ F4 to close Script Manager.

7.  Go to your User Settings folder for JAWS, Start menu > All Programs
> JAWS 14.0 > Explore JAWS > Explore User Settings.

8.  Locate the itunes.jkm file and open it with Notepad.  It should have
something similar to the first two lines below.  Duplicate the second
line and replace "Left" with "Right" in the third line.  This makes the
new script you wrote to allow both key combinations to pass through
JAWS.  You can add other lines to make other keys to pass through as well.
[Common Keys]
Alt+Control+LeftArrow=PassThroughShuttle
Alt+Control+RightArrow=PassThroughShuttle

9.  Hitt Control + s to save, then Alt + F4 to close Notepad.

*Don Marang*
Vinux Package Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org
<http://www.vinuxproject.org/>