Does it make any difference if, when in the combo box, you arrow down very quickly, so that the item will not be selected automatically?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wes Derby" <ufofana...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 4:39 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Chrome; mostly works, But a Combo Box Issue

Hey, all.
Haven't posted in a long time; been finding I get most of my answers by tinkering around, or by posting to Twitter. Anyhow, I have one that's a bit long and has me a little stumped. Hoping someone can help.

I am presently running JFW 14, latest build. Normally, I use Internet Explorer or Firefox. However, I have run into a site that only seems to work for me with Google Chrome. However, with that site, I am having a minor issue. Anyone who knows me knows that I am the co-owner of Mojo radio, an Internet radio station. The automation system we use, live web DJ, currently only runs on Firefox or chrome. Where's the problem with this? Well, when I try to run it in Firefox, Firefox completely crashes about 90% of the time. It is the only site that does this to me On a consistent basis. For this purpose, I installed, and decided to test, Google Chrome. My cited relatives use it, and absolutely love it. I have been very resistant. On the site, when I am managing the media library in particular, there are combo boxes. One box is for exploring particular playlists; the other is for performing actions with the songs I have checked off. Deleting, or adding to one of my many playlists. The problem I am running into is that Unlike every other browser, I cannot simply scroll through the combo box to select the option I want. It simply selects the first option I get to when I down arrow. Yes, I have tried alt plus down arrow to open the box, thinking that that might allow me to read it. Works in every program accept this one. In Firefox, I can scroll through, once I find the option I want, I simply hit the tab key and it adds it to the specified playlist or asks me if I really want to delete it Other than that, Chrome works flawlessly with live web DJ. It doesn't crash, it doesn't hang or freezeā€¦ So, anyone know how I can easily work around this combo box issue? Running the latest builds of both JFW and Google Chrome as of yesterday. Thanks.

Other option would be, does anyone know of a fix for Firefox so that it it doesn't tank so easily? Again, running the latest version of that as well. As I say, it doesn't freeze up too often on any other site

Wes

Sent from my iPhone