From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Washington
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:57 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Problem with Jaws 14 and Outlook 2007

I am having a real problem using Jaws 14, all versions including latest
update with Outlook 2007 on my windows 7 machine.  When I first open Outlook
Jaws works fine allowing me to read emails using the shortcut keys such as h
for headings, etc.  However after Outlook has been open for a while, 5
minutes or longer, the Jaws hot keys stop working.  For example when I hit
the h key the letter h is typed in the open email rather than going to a
heading in the email.

I spoke with FS tech support yesterday.  They said that it seems that
Outlook 2007 on my computer "deteriorates" after it has been open for a
while and and is not recognizing the open emails as virtual documents.  He
could tell that because when I am experiencing this problem the pc cursor
key says pc cursor rather than virtual pc cursor.  He suggested I make sure
my Outlook 2007 had all the updates.

I checked that and all updates for windows 7 and office 2007 have been
installed.  I also ran the office diagnostic tool from the Outlook 2007 help
menu and everything reported as no problems.

I can work around this problem by either using Jaws 13 where the
insert+shift+w key opens the email in a web browser window or I can
insert+shift+close
Outlook 2007 and reopen it again when using Jaws 14.  However I would like
to be able to use Jaws 14 and Outlook 2007 without having to do that every 5
minutes or so.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Greg Washington