From: Miriam Vieni [mailto:miriamvi...@optonline.net]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 1:20 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Perenial problem with radio bottons

Well first, is that what they're called, radio buttons? Or is it radial
buttons? Anyway, I have had this problem before, on my previous XP computer
with Jaws 12 and on this WIN7 computer with Jaws 13 and whith my extremely
magnified Magic, I can see what's there and what isn't happening. I was trying
to do this NLS survey, actually, I was trying to do it twice and this happened
to me two times. There were these options to check and Jaws was reading them
and I could see these buttons to the left of each option. But the space bar
either wouldn't check the option at all, or it checked the wrong option. So I'd
try to get Jaws to read that line and I'd then use the left arrow to go to the
left of the first letter of the option I wanted.
Sometimes, that worked and I could check the option. But sometimes, it didn't
work at all. And then if I pressed shift tab to go back to where I was at the
beginning of the page, I'd be in Bing Search with a bunch of My Favorites
listed underneath. Does anyone have a suggestion for getting the correct radio
button checked? Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Miriam