From: Scorpio
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Navigating Yahoo

Hi Mike,

If you're referring to the new Yahoo Mail with the applications mode
enabled, there is a way for you to switch back.

If you change your display settings to a resolution of 800 by 600, then open
up your Yahoo Mail in one of the internet browsers, like Internet Explorer,
it will automatically revert back to internet layout.

I should note that this is the resolution that the gentleman from my ISP
told me about, though he wasn't supposed to.

I am actually unsure of what minimum resolution it takes without setting
back to the new Yahoo mail.

In any case, if you want to play around with your computer resolution, feel
free to do so and possibly report back, but, as I said, this will switch you
back and never ask you to go into the new Yahoo mail ever again.

Once it's back to the old style, it's just like accessing your web mail the
traditional way.

Pressing the letter L until you hear List of 5 items, or, if you have Jaws
set to not report the start of lists, pressing the letter L will eventually
take you to the inbox link which you can enter on.

Once there, press the number 1 on your number row to move to the one and
only level 1 heading, then pressing the number 2 on the number row will take
you to the subject line of the first message in the table.

As you may or may not know, your inbox is displayed in the form of a data
table, with a check box being in the first cell in column 1, row 1, which,
if checked, selects all the messages, but from row 2 and down, this checkbox
simply selects the message,  then another checkbox to flag all the messages
in column 2, row 1, then the sender in column 3, followed by the subject
line in column 4, and finally the date column in column 5.  If the message
has an attachment, there will be an extra column between the sender and the
subject line columns which will be clickable to go straight to the
attachment.

In any case, when you press the number 2 on the number row, Jaws bypasses
the header row and goes directly to the subject line of the first message.
>From that point, you can keep hitting the number 2 to move down the list of
messages, or you can use your table reading commands of control+alt+ the
arrow keys to move up, down, left or right one cell.  Alternatively, you can
simply hit the up or down keys to move along the row to the left or right
respectively.

If you want to open up a message, just enter on the subject line, and, on
the resulting page, press the number 1 on the number row to go directly to
the message header, then the down arrow to move through the message headers,
and, eventually, through the body of the message.

Now, you'll have to go into the options on web mail to configure how you
want your messages displayed, the number of messages per page, whether you
want the recent messages at the top or bottom of the list, and finally, what
you want the site to do when you're finished with a message and you delete
it or move it, or mark it as spam, which will either open up the next
message in the list, or go back to the list of messages.  I should note that
this does not denote the entire range of options within Yahoo Mail's web
mail configuration, only the options regarding reading your messages, but
you have to make sure you save your settings when you're done, which is at
the bottom of the page on every screen.  There are options for configuring
away messages, bulk mail folders and the like, and, if enabled, pop
forwarding, or just plain forwarding of your messages to another account.

There is a trick you need to observe though.  At the top of the page in the
tab order, where it says options, if you enter on the options link, it may
appear to do nothing, but in actuality, another menu below it has opened,
and you must arrow down to the link named, "Mail Options" and enter on it.
This will take you to your options.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if you were asking how to use Yahoo's web mail
interface, or how to correct the accidental activation of the new Yahoo
Mail.

In any case, I hope I've answered your questions.

Scorpio