Hi Shari,

Bob, is correct.  Below is an explanation:

This is a note on the difference between changing punctuation settings in
Jaws options, Insert + V, & customize punctuation in the default settings
center / configuration manager.  They work backwards from one another.

When setting punctuation in Jaws options / quick settings, this controls the
amount of
punctuation JAWS will speak / recognize.  The default setting is most.  To
hear less
punctuation spoken you would select some or none.

When making changes in the customize punctuation list, this basically tells
Jaws how much of a selected punctuation mark to ignore.  If you do not want
Jaws to speak/recognize a particular punctuation mark you want to choose the
" all " selection.  You will have 4 radio buttons to arrow up or down
through.  They are none, some, most, & all.  In these selections they work
backwards than what you would think.  For example;  If you choose " none "
for the dollar sign, Jaws will speak / recognize every dollar sign in
whatever you are reading.  On the other hand, if you choose the " all "
radio button, Jaws will not speak / recognize any dollar signs.

Hope this helps some of you understand the differences between the 2
punctuation setting options.

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my iGasSucking460Powered1969Mach1.