You have to make sure you make that setting to the jaws default. If done in any other program window it will only make changes for that program.

At 09:34 PM 5/21/2013, you wrote:
Thank you. unfortunately, that didn't change anything. I changed the dash, colon, semi colon and left and right parentheses from none to some, and Jaws still reads them all every time.
----- Original Message ----- From: "RJ" <rjf...@verizon.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] trouble eliminating spoken punctuation in jaws 13

Set it to some instead of none.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shari" <shariw...@sbcglobal.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:48 PM

Hi All,

I just installed jaws 13, and I can't figure out why I can't limit jaws speaking punctuation. I went to the settings center and in customize punctuation, I set everything to none and saved the changes. Still Jaws is reading every comma, bracket, dash, etc. and driving me nuts with all the extra chatter. I have gone back into the settings center, and all the types of punctuation are still set at none. All the other changes I made in the settings center are working fine. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
shari