Have you written, or called FS about this? If not, do it. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of
Scott Duck
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:01 AM
To: Jaws List
Subject: [JAWS-Users] JAWS Crashes

Hello,

I am running JAWS 14 on a Windows 8 machine.  At least once per day, JAWS
crashes.  By that, I mean that it is silent and shows as not responding .
When this happens, I run Narrator, open the task manager, shut down JAWS,
close the task manager, close Narrator, and rerun JAWS.  This has happened
occasionally over the years with different versions on different systems.
In the past, it happened too often but not often enough to really be a big
bother.  After upgrading to JAWS 14 with Windows 7 and especially after
starting to use Windows 8, it happens much more frequently, at least once
per day and sometimes two or three times per day.  If anyone has any
thoughts on making JAWS more stable, I am certainly open to suggestions.  I
suspect that nothing can be done because, as I said, I have experienced this
problem for years on different systems so I don't think it is something
particular to my current installation.  Alternatively, is there a way to set
up a shortcut to kill JAWS when it stops responding so that I don't have to
run Narrator to do it?

Thanks,

Scott Duck