When using Windows 7, what versions of JAWS does this process apply to???
Thanks always.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of david
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 8:00 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Unmuting with JAWS 14

Hello there;

If your using windows 7,

1, after you've booted the computer,
Wait a little bit for desktop to load.

2, now press,
Windows+r=run,
Type in:
sndvol
Press enter,
Tab once, press the spacebar,
This should unmute the sound.

If you wish to put a shortcut to:
Sndvol.exe, on your desktop try the following;

1, go to desktop,
Windows key+m,

2, press the keystroke,
Ctrl+spacebar,
To unselect all icons.

3, press the applications key, and down arrow and enter on, New sub menu.

4, now arrow and enter on,
New shortcut.

5,
Now type the following in the edit box,
sndvol.exe
6, tab next, press enter.
You will see/hear;
sndvol.exe
your asked to give the shortcut a name, you can leave the sndvol.exe, or you
could name it for example; volume.
Tab finish press enter.

Now, if you would like a hot-key,

1, desktop,
Press the letter "s" until you hear,
Sndvol.exe
Or the letter "v" if you've named the shortcut volume,

2, now press alt+enter to bring up the properties,

3, tab until you hear;
Shortcut key none,
Here you could type s, or what ever letter you wish, Now press enter.
Now you have a shortcut with a hot-key.