hello there;
my first thought is,
do you have the view setup properly in windows live mail on the computers
which are giving you the problemns?

Here's some instructions for setting the view in wlm2011.

while in Wlm,

        > Try the following; Note; These instructions assume that you don't
have
> the jaws ribbon feature turned on.
>
> Yu need to:
> Go into the view menu,
> Set the;
> Message list drop down;
To one line view,
> So,
> Alt+v=view,
> use the tab key, ,
> until you hear message drop down,
> Press enter.
> Now tab and select, one line view press enter.
>
> Next,
> Alt+v=view,
> use the tab key,  until you hear; Reading pane drop down press enter.
> Now tab to off, press enter.
>
> Next,
> Alt+v=view,
> use the tab key,
> until you hear;
> Calendar pane,
> If it says,
> Calendar pane pressed,
> Press enter this turns off the calendar pane.
Next,
Follow the above steps,
Alt+v=view,
Using the tab key, if you hear;
Quick views button pressed,
Press the enter key to turn off.
Next,
Depending on how you want to receive your messages, Ascending or descending,
Alt+v=view,
Use the tab key until you hear;
Sort order drop down,
Enter or spacebar,