From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Rich Hamel
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:16 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Dropdown grids in Word 2010

Thanks so much David,
Why would you turn off the Quick Views?

Rich
----- Original Message -----
From: "david" <davidwhitehead1...@cogeco.ca>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:22 AM

> hello there;
> my first thought is,
> do you have the view setup properly in windows live mail on the computers
> which are giving you the problemns?
>

> Here's some instructions for setting the view in wlm2011.
>
> while in Wlm,
>
> > Try the following; Note; These instructions assume that you don't
> have
>> the jaws ribbon feature turned on.
>>
>> Yu need to:
>> Go into the view menu,
>> Set the;
>> Message list drop down;
> To one line view,
>> So,
>> Alt+v=view,
>> use the tab key, ,
>> until you hear message drop down,
>> Press enter.
>> Now tab and select, one line view press enter.
>>
>> Next,
>> Alt+v=view,
>> use the tab key,  until you hear; Reading pane drop down press enter.
>> Now tab to off, press enter.
>>
>> Next,
>> Alt+v=view,
>> use the tab key,
>> until you hear;
>> Calendar pane,
>> If it says,
>> Calendar pane pressed,
>> Press enter this turns off the calendar pane.
> Next,
> Follow the above steps,
> Alt+v=view,
> Using the tab key, if you hear;
> Quick views button pressed,
> Press the enter key to turn off.
> Next,
> Depending on how you want to receive your messages, Ascending or
> descending,
> Alt+v=view,
> Use the tab key until you hear;
> Sort order drop down,
> Enter or spacebar,
> Make your choice press enter.
>

>> By the way, there are key strokes to do this, however, I thought it
>> best for folks to learn how to navigate the menus.

>>> for you.  I found this great little program / app called, UBit, that
>>> makes
>>> the ribbons work kind of like the older menues from older versions of
>>> Office.  Go to the link below:
>>>
>>> http://www.ubit.ch/software/ubitmenu-languages/
>>>
>>> Once you're on the website press the letter, H, to navigate by heading
>>> &
>>> you'll land on:
>>>
>>> UBitMenu for Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 Shortcuts
>>>
>>> Now, arrow down to:
>>>
>>> . Download English UBitMenu
>>>
>>> Click on the link  to get the download.  I'll put the steps for Office
>>> 2010
>>> below.
>>>
>>> for private use (free for private use). This setup will work with
>>> Office
>>> 2007, 2010 and 2013.
>>> Close all open Office programs before installing!
>>>
>>> Office 2010 Steps:
>>> Personally, before using the Ubit program I turn a couple of things
>>> off in
>>> Jaws / Options/ Basics to cut down on excess Jaws chatter.  They are:
>>>
>>> Tutor Message, Turn off Menu and Control Help
>>>
>>> Access Key, set to off.
>>>

>>> After installing the UBit program do the following to access the
>>> menues:
>>> MS Word:
>>>
>>> 1. Press the, Alt key, to open the menu bar.
>>> 2. Right arrow 2 times to the, Menu tab.
>>> 3. Now you can tab from menu to menu.  When you are on the menu you
>>> want
>>> you'll hear, File sub-menu, for example, so, press enter to
>>> open the dropdown list & you can down or up arrow through the list of
>>> options.
>>> 4. When you are on the menu you want press enter or if you hear an
>>> option
>>> / button, press the spacebar to open.
>>>
>>> Note:  That anything new to 2007 or later shows up at the bottom of
>>> the appropriate menu, so you don't lose anything.
>>>

>>> Excel:
>>>
>>> 1. Press the, Alt key, to open the menu bar.
>>> 2. Right arrow 2 times to the, Menu tab.
>>> 3. Now you can tab from menu to menu.  When you are on the menu you
>>> want
>>> you'll hear, File button dropdown, for example so, press the spacebar
>>> open the dropdown list & you can down or up arrow through the list of
>>> options.
>>> 4. When you are on the option you want press enter or if you hear an