Kathy

Always use a website with "s" in the url (https.www...). The S stands for secure. Beyond that, I'd advise shopping only at reputable sites. Looking for the cheapest prices can get one in trouble. Also, for what it's worth, check on the reputation of the sites you visit. Your credit card company may have a list of fraudulent sites, too. Finally, ex librarian that I am, I'd suggest doing a google search for such terms as internet shopping secure. You may find some great tips. You could also go to www.consumerreports.org to see if they have a free article you can read on the subject. The https designation should protect you from hackers and the articles may offer more insight. Others on the list may have much better suggestions beyond my simple ones.