Mike, is it a good idea to use i e 10 witih win 7 and xp?  How does one ever
know what is right for any updating? Marilyn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike B." <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2014 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] identifying i e version

: Hi Marilyn,
:
: IE9, IE10, Or IE11 How To Revert Back To Prior Version.
:
: Try the following:
: 1. Press the windows key to open your search field.
: 2. Type in updates.
: 3. Arrow down the list to, View Installed Updates, & press enter.
: 4. Wait a little while for the list to populate.  When the list is
populated
: / showing, press the letter, W, until you land on, Windows Internet
Explorer
: 10.
: 5. With Windows Internet Explorer 10 highlighted / selected, press the
: applications / context menu key or shift + F10.  Press enter on,
uninstall.
: Follow the prompts.  If you had IE9 previously installed, uninstalling
IE10
: will automatically take you back to IE9.  I haven't done this in quite
: awhile so, after pressing enter on the uninstall option I'm not sure
exactly
: what prompts will come up.
:
: Also, you'll need to do the following:
:
: After uninstalling whatever version  you have to reboot the computer
before
: the prior
: version will work.  Also go back to windows update / View Installed
Updates
: or important Updates to find the IE version you just uninstalled & check
it.
: Then
: open the context menu, choose the hide update option,  press enter, tab to
: apply, then to okay, pressing the spacebar on both apply & okay.  Doing
this
: will stop this particular update from reinstalling again.
:
: Take care.
: Mike
: This email was sent from my, iBarstool.
: