From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Dana S. Leslie
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:59 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] The new Thunderbird for the Blind List?

On 4/17/2014 4:47 PM, Erik Heil wrote:
>   Hello everyone,
> I was wondering why you would need such a list.  If the application is
> accessible, there is no reason why you need a list such as this. I
> can't speak to whether it is accessible under Windows, as I don't use
> that platform that much, but I can say tht is accessible under Gnome and
Linux.
> So, in my opinion, if the application follows the standard GUI
> accessbility requirements for the given platform, their is no reason
> why it can't be accesible and hence you won't need suchb a list like
> that.  Now, on the other hand, if accessibility is still a
> work-in-progress, and it is still being developed, this is an
> entierely different story, and maybe this should be moved to a more
> appropriate, developer-specific list. Anyways, just my two-sense. So,
> if you don't aggree, this isn't a problem for me at all. We are all
entitiled to our opnions, and their is none which is wrong.
> -Erik
>

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Dana S. Leslie <
> dsles...@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have the subscription address? Thank you.

>> http://www.jaws-users.com/help/

Well, in particular, I'm wondering if there are any JAWS scripts available
for use with TB (or if any are in development), and where to obtain them. TB
is accessible; but it would be much more conveniently so with some
supportive scripts.