Hi Ed;

I have been watching this thread.  You have been given a host of ideas.
Over the last year I have tried all of them to no avail.  If you have had
success, God bless you.  Just delete this message.

If you are still trying to solve the problem, here is what Eric D. from FS
posted and it works for me.

>From Eric D.

1. Save the file and give it a name you wish to use.
2. Now open the newly named file in Excel and move to Column A, Row 4, (this
is the intersection of the row and column headings and the next step is to
inform JAWS of that).
3. Press Insert + V to get into Quick Settings of JAWS for Excel.
4. Press the letter T, and then down arrow to the item that says "Define
Name Column and Row Titles Override Off".
5. Press Space Bar a couple of times so the item above is set to "On for the
Current File".
6. Now down arrow a few times to the item called: "Column Titles to Row
Range". Press Space and you should hear it reflect 4, since you were on row
4.
7. Now down arrow once to the item called: "Row Titles to Column Range".
Press Space and you should hear it reflect A, since you were in column A.
8. Tab 3 times now to the OK button and press enter to dismiss the Dialog
and you are done.

Hth

David Maynard
Franklin NC