Using information gleaned from this list and other sources, I ran Internet
speed tests from three different sites and got threewidely different results.
At http://i.dslr.net/iphone_speedtest.htmlmy my download speed measured 660
kbps. At http://www.2wire.com/?p=7 my download speed measured 258 kbps. And at
http://testmy.net/upload my download speed measured an impressive 8.7 mbps.
What's going on with all these speed tests?  I realize that each speed test
uses its own propriatary method of testing Internest speeds, but why is there
such a huge disparity among the results?  Is it possible that none of these
speed tests is accurate, and that all such speed tests are bogus? According to
Verizon, my current DSL download speed is supposed to be between 768kbps and
1mbps, which will supposedly be upgraded to 3.1 mbps to 7.8 mbps next Tuesday.
The result from the IPhone speed test at 660 kbps would seem to be closest to
what I'm currently getting, but how can I know for sure whether any
 of these tests is reliable or accurate?

Gerald