O, thanks, I must have something else wrong , because if I disconnect from power sorce the laptop turns off. The battery is obviously not connecting to the laptop properly I guess. It is saying it is at 30 percent plugged in not charging.

Regards

graham

-----Original Message----- From: Scott Duck
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:56
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Battery Not Charging

Hi,
My HP laptop also sometimes has this issue, ever sense it was new.  Usually
this happens when the battery is already above 90% and I try to charge it.
I just unplug it and let it run off the battery until it is below 90% and
then I plug it back in and it will charge on up to 100%.  I assume that it
has something to do with the smart management of the charging cycle.
HTH,
Scott Duck