Yep, that's how it is.

I think I'm just going to reinstall JAWS 14 and do the settings in the JAWS startup settings. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Janie Degenshein" <jdege...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Unable to change typing echo in Jaws 14

Wow so the other two places are set to characters/words and it still does not give you that when typing?

-----Original Message----- From: Arianna Calesso
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:41 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com

Janie, Strange but true, I have it set to characters and words everywhere
and still it will only echo back words.  Even when I use insert 2 on the
numbers row, it won't change.

Arianna
----- Original Message ----- From: "Janie Degenshein" <jdege...@comcast.net>