I've created a shortcut folder on my desktop called office. Included in this folder is a folder called MS 2013 where I can open xlsx and word documents. Some documents open and then some will not. When a spreadsheet or document doesn't open I get the following error message with the ugly windows sound. I've tried changing the name of the spreadshee but the error message comes back. Now, if I open a blank excel work book and then use ctrl o to open this same spreadsheet it opens just fine.

Save As graphic 798
graphic 820 graphic 820 graphic 647 Computer Gateway (C:) temp graphic 530 graphic 109 graphic 875
Organize New folder graphic 725  graphic 470
graphic 726  Favorites graphic 192  Name # Title Contributing artists Alb
graphic 433 Links graphic 647 playlist 01graphic 694 My Documentsgraphic 545 graphic 647 playlist 02graphic 864 My Music
graphic 217  My Pictures graphic 779 graphic 145  My Videos
graphic 647  My_SpeakOn_
graphic 846  OneDrive graphic 11 graphic 380  Saved Games
graphic 741  Searches graphic 724
graphic 704 Computer graphic 540 graphic 667 Network graphic 932 graphic 257 graphic 756
chemo treatment scheduleFile name:
Save as type: Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet (*.xls)
Save CancelHide Folders graphic 284