Hi Naomi,
this could be the problem:
https://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD2503B90001R01.htm

Note that the instructions for accessing hwsetup are for windows 7 and
previous. In windows 8.1 you should be able to search for it from the start
screen. That is, press windows key to move to the start screen, type hwsetup,
and assuming it's selected in the list of results, just press Enter to open it.

David.