From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Brian Lee
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 10:23 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Hot key

Hello Kate,   If you still have an earlier version of JAWS on your system
and you want to use the same shortcut key for the newer version of JAWS then
you need to first remove the shortcut key from the earlier version.  Find
the icon for the earlier version of JAWS (likely still on the desktop) and
use the Alt with enter key to launch the properties.  Focus should be in the
shortcut page.  If it isn't then use CTRL with tab key until you get to that
page.  Use tab key until you get to the box that contains the shortcut key.
Press bacspace key.  Use JAWS key (usually the insert key on the number pad
or capslock key in laptop configuration), with tab key and JAWS should say
"none."  Tab to the apply button and use spacebar and then tab to the OK
button and use spacebar.  For some reason, I have had trouble in the past
when I tab to the Apply button.  The key combination that I used didn't
always stay.  In those cases what usually worked is after typing in the key
combination to use, I
 routed JAWS cursor to PC cursor, went to the bottom of the dialog box and
did a left mouse button on the Apply and again on the OK button.  After
closing the dialog box you might want to go back into the properties of the
icon for the older version of JAWS and make sure your change worked.  Go to
the icon for the new version of JAWS and enter its properties in the same
manner as mentioned above.  (Hold down Alt key and press enter key to enter
the icon's properties)  If not in  the shortcut page use CTRL with tab until
focus is there.  Find the shortcut box and use the key combination that you
want to use to launch the program.  Use the Apply button and then  the OK
button.   Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@hotmail.com

> On Nov 5, 2014, at 4:55 PM, "Kate Walsh" <cwalsh1...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> We upgrade my computer at work to JAWS 13 and I need to assign a key
> stroke to launch it.
> Thanks,
> Kate Walsh

---