Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2014 12:10 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] reccording to computer from tapes

Hi Theresa,

Lots of questions.

First off, see if you can find a USB to audio adaptor.  I've seen a couple
that use the 3.5 m.m. (1/8 inch) connector, but I haven't seen one that uses
the same RCA phono connectors that were used on old tape decks.  You might
need an adaptor cable as well.

Yes, using Goldwave you could record each side of the tape to digital, then
cut/copy the left track or right track to a new sound file.  If you don't
have "crosstalk" between the channels, this will work fine.  Same thing goes
for Library of Congress format tapes, which are at half normal cassette
speed; just record them into Goldwave, select the Pitch option from the
Effects menu, then select (down one octave) to normalize the speed.

A larger problem I have had with interfaces is that they fight over the ACEO
drivers with JAWS, and JAWS usually loses.  So, you might find yourself
without speech.

I don't know if any of this helps;  I bought a $79.00 cheap
"direct-to-digital" tape player that connects directly into a USB port.
I'ts made by a company called Ion.

HTH,

Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "inamuddin" <inamuddi...@gmail.com>