If you just want to delete the desktop shorcut just hit the delete key and you will be asked for confirmation.

On 2/15/2015 8:35 AM, Kevin Lee wrote:
I have a games shortcut in my start menu and I can’t figure out how to remove
it.  I press the application key on the shortcut but it displays no delete, all
it displays is open, open command prompt here and rename
I went to programs and features and unchecked games but the games shortcut is
still in my start menu.
Kevin Lee