In older Windows versions, WindowsE brought you to the Desktop: and the first item thereon that you down-arrowed to was My Computer. Next down was the 3½-inch floppy disk drive, so you usually avoided that by pressing down-arrow twice quickly, to get to the main drive.

-----Original Message----- From: Rick Justice
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2015 7:30 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] windows explorer

Hi J,
For all intents and purposes, yes.
You are using Windows Explorer anytime you navigate around Windows,
such as the Desktop, the Start Menu, My Computer etc.
Just think of it as a computer browser, much like Internet Explorer is a web
browser.

HTH,
Rick Justice

Tomorrow's another day, another way!
and if tomorrow never comes, problem solved!