  From: Cristóbal
  To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
  Sent: Friday, May 08, 2015 9:51 AM
  Subject: [JAWS-Users] Dell OptiPlex desktop

  Hello list,

  I want to grab a desktop for another work terminal. It doesn't need to be
  anything special or high end. So I was checking out some Win7 machines and
  the Dell Optiplex line keeps on popping up. Specs around 4 gb ram and 1TGB
  of storage with a pentium processor give or take. Looks like they're around
  $150.00 to $199.00 on Amazon depending again, on specs.

  I haven't really used the OptiPlex line and while descriptions often mention
  that these computers have higher end parts and are a favorite of
  corperations, etc. I was curious if anyone's had experience with this line
  of desktops and what they thought of their general performance.

  Again, it would really just be for work type of stuff. Jaws, email, Skype,
  word processing, spreadsheets, and so on. I'll most likely load one of my
  Office Small Business 365 licenses on it. I don't' need a super fast or
  processor intensive type of machine. Just something that's not going to be
  sluggish in general or with Jaws.

  I know I can probably wait and see what Win10 will provide and see how
  pricing shakes out then, but for $150.00 or so for reasonable specs and the
  familiarity of Win7, I wouldn't mind just grabbing a tower now.

  Thanks,