From: Cristóbal
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2015 10:51 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Dell OptiPlex desktop

Hello list,

I want to grab a desktop for another work terminal. It doesn't need to be
anything special or high end. So I was checking out some Win7 machines and
the Dell Optiplex line keeps on popping up. Specs around 4 gb ram and 1TGB
of storage with a pentium processor give or take. Looks like they're around
$150.00 to $199.00 on Amazon depending again, on specs.

I haven't really used the OptiPlex line and while descriptions often mention
that these computers have higher end parts and are a favorite of
corperations, etc. I was curious if anyone's had experience with this line
of desktops and what they thought of their general performance.

Again, it would really just be for work type of stuff. Jaws, email, Skype,
word processing, spreadsheets, and so on. I'll most likely load one of my
Office Small Business 365 licenses on it. I don't' need a super fast or
processor intensive type of machine. Just something that's not going to be
sluggish in general or with Jaws.

I know I can probably wait and see what Win10 will provide and see how
pricing shakes out then, but for $150.00 or so for reasonable specs and the
familiarity of Win7, I wouldn't mind just grabbing a tower now.

Thanks,