I've always found the automatic language detection to never work
satisfactorily. Not necessarily due to Jaws, but rather the fact that the
language formatting from webpage to webpage and document to document is so
inconsistent that Jaws changing languages becomes a major hit or miss
proposition. TO the point where I've for many versions of Jaws now, simply
turn that feature off all together.
Jaws has gotten overall better with multiple language stuff, but still even
with the latest "innovations" and voice profile management, switching
between languages is not terribly fluid.
I've always felt that some sort of enhanced combination of the dictionary
manager and flexible web type of feature where one could designate certain
domains or email addresses or documents to be spoken with a particular voice
profile or language would be best.
Being able to make a rule where domains ending in .es, .mx, .ar and so on or
email addresses where you know the language is going to be one other than
English be it from a particular address or a mailing list would be
automatically spoken in Spanish for example and with the desired rate of
speech and other parameters would be ideal.
Even now, if I want to visit a site with a Spanish language domain or PDF or
Word document, I still have to invoke keystrokes to go between one language
to the next. Being able to associate any of the examples above to another
voice profile and eliminating the toggle keystrokes would streamline the
process and make the overall user experience a lot more efficient.
It only seems intuitive that if you know absolutely that a site you're going
to visit or an email address you're going to write to or receive or document
you're going to work in will be in another language that Jaws will revert to
speaking in that corresponding voice without the need of keystrokes to
switch back and forth.
I've written to FS's suggestion email about this from time to time.