Mike, in the disk cleanup option of my hard drive properties, I don't see any "old Windows updates" item, but if I tab once beyond this list to "view files" and activate it, another list appears with "old windows updates" plus additional items that did not appear in the first list, like service pack backup files 306 KB, setup logs 3.45 KB, windows cleanup 1.9 GB, system queued error files 4.57 KB.

and Pam's question was is, it, safe, to cleanup (delete) old windows updates? in addition, is it safe to cleanup (delete) the items I mentioned?

your and other input from others are appreciated, calling Carlos, Joseph, the other Mike, etc.

On 6/11/2015 9:42 AM, Michael B. wrote:
Hi Again Trish,

I forgot to mention that if you don't see an option in that list for old
Windows Updates to be removed, this means there aren't any old updates.
Also, each of those options will say how much space is currently being used
by that particular item.
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iGoDodgersBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael B.
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Old Window's Updates Removed?

Hi Trish,

Yes there is.  Try the following:
1. Go to, Computer, fby pressing enter on your computer desktop icon or,
press, Windows key + E.
2. Highlight your operating system drive / C drive, but don't press enter to
open it just highlight / select it.
3. Press, Alt + Enter, to open the drives properties & you should be on the
General tab.
4. Tab 1 time to the, Disk Cleanup button, & press the spacebar to start the
analyze process.  When the analysis is finished you will hear Jaws report
that the analysis is complete & disk cleanup can save you X amount of space.
You will be in a list of options that you check or uncheck depending what
you want deleted / removed & old updates is 1 of these options.
5. After you have made all your selections tab to the, Okay button & press
the spacebar & Jaws will ask you if you are sure you want to delete the
selected items.  If you do, press the spacebar on the, Delete Files button,
to start the process.
6. When the cleaning process is done tab to the, Okay button, & press the
spacebar to close.
HTH