the startup sound cannot be changed trust me, only the windows logon sound can be changed. maybe if you switch sound scemes the startup sound will change, but not to a custom sound. google it there are many docs about this!

-----Original Message----- From: Lenny McHugh
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2015 1:22 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] changing startup and shut down sound

Bios, I never heard of that. In control panel you can select sounds. There
are wav files. When I added my custom sounds I only had to locate the folder
with the wav files and add my new sound files. Then was able to select them
for both the start up and shut down.

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin Lee