The "Device with Removable Storage Expanded", is not the drive itself, only the heading of the area that contains removeable drives. You should find your drive listed below this, and if you do not, then the computer is not recognizing your drive. Try unplugging it and then putting it into another USB port. If you cannot get the computer to recognize it at all, then you will need to try another computer. If this does not work, then your drive is probably bad. I have had generic drives and ones like Kingston to suddenly stop being recognized by any computer that I would plug them into. Unfortunately in this case, you have probably lost whatever you have on the drive. Hopefully not the only copy of the files. Note that some drives these days are said to be Windows 8.1 compatible, and if this drive is one of these, it will most likely appear under your Local Drives heading with the hard drives.

Mike
mike....@comcast.net

-----Original Message----- From: TheHangMan
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 6:40 PM
To: Jaws-Users
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Opening a thumb drive in Wind7

Hi,

When, I'm in my computer menu and I arrow down,

The only thing that is read pertaining to a thumb drive is:

Devices with removable storage expanded.

So, I been pressing the content menu and entering on O for Open.

Then, I get a insert disc dialog and I cancel out.

It's been like a 50 50 chance to open the thumb drive.

Can someone help me with a better way to open it.

I looked in the properties and didn't see anything really, besides being a
bit unsure?

Thanks,

Jorge