So if you didn't reserve it before July 29, and still isn't reserved, will it be on the important updates?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Boyd" <mike....@comcast.net
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Date sent: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:56:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Want to cancel Windows 10 reservation

Here's some information for everyone who has not reserved their copy of Windows 10, or who think that they want to cancel their reservation. I thought that I was all set to get Windows 10, having reserved it when the icon first starting popping up. Then today, I noticed that upon opening Windows Update, I had 2 important updates ready for installation. Upon checking to see what these were, I made note of the numbers of each. Then I installed them, or so I thought. After the first install attempt, I then clicked on Check For Updates again, and the same 2 updates appeared again. I
went through this process about 3 times, then called Microsoft
Accessibility. The technician, Barry, told me that there was an error code there that JAWS was apparently not reading to me. He checked the code out, and there happened to be a Fix-it for this particular one. He ran the Fix-it, and it did indeed repair Windows Update for me. After again checking
for updates, I again received these same
2, plus 2 more which I had not seen before.  They all 4 installed
successfully, and did not reappear again. However, after once again checking for updates, I received a list of 141 important updates that needed to be installed. This took about 4 hours to complete. Barry called me throughout the afternoon to see where the progress was, and upon completion, we again checked again for updates, but none were found. One of the 141 updates was the Get Windows 10 update, and I was able to reregister to receive the update for free, and I did receive an email notification that I had sucessfully registered for the update. The email told me that when my update was ready, I would receive a notification in my system tray that it was now available for installation, and it would prompt me to do so. This morning, someone had stated that if you had not registered for the free update, that it is to late, but that is not true, because I did it today, and the process worked well. Also, anyone worried that they might get the update without knowing it through Windows Update, that is not going to happen. You will first see the notification in your system tray telling you that it is available first. I hope this helps some of you to better understand the
process.

Mike
mike....@comcast.net