From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 07:43
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Another Warning About Installing CCleaner

Here we go again.  I just installed the latest version of CCleaner, version
5.9 using the link on the JAWS Users programs page, and inspected each page
of the installation dialog very carefully with the JAWS cursor to locate any
surreptitious check boxes for also installing Google Chrome.  I could not
find any, so I went ahead and completed the installation of CCleaner.  But
to my great chagrin, Google Chrome was also installed, anyway, and set as my
default browser.  Just out of curiosity, I took a quick look at Chrome and
found it to be just as inaccessible with JAWS 15 as it has always been.  So
I had to use Revo Uninstaller to remove it and then reset IE 11 as my
default browser.  Has anyone found a foolproof way to prevent Google Chrome
from being installed along with CCleaner?  Thanks.

Gerald