I have used paid versions of AVG with JAWS for many years without any trouble. I have been told that with both the free versions of AVG and MicroSoft Essentials there are still vulnerabilits to computers. I dealt with this with a friend who was using MicroSoft Essentials a couple of years and he became so infected using it he required taking his computer for it to be healed by the Geeksquad. For what its worth Microsoft Essentials does not show up on most rating lists for antivirus programs so I guess it goes back to the old addage "you get what uyou pay for." Buyer beware!
Chuck

-----Original Message----- From: Neil Towery
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:22 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] AVG 2016 Versus Microsoft Essentials

Hello Gang:

About 2 weeks ago, a VA rep, with my permission, put AVG internet security
on my two computers. AVG assassinated JAWS. She recommended that it be
removed until "AVG gets their problem fixed."

By the way, when she installed AVG, she did not choose to make JAWS an
exception to AVG.

Her suggestion now is to install Microsoft Essentials, as the anti-virus
software.

I don't know one anti-virus software from another. I just know, in the
past, I have had AVG, without any problem.

Any recommendations between AVG and Microsoft Essentials?

Thanks a bunch. Neil