Hello Gang:

 Much of the conversation has centered around upgrading from Windows 7 or
8.1. There has not been much conversation about purchasing a computer with
Windows 10, already on it, and installing JAWS and MS Office on it.

 So, I have several questions, about doing just that.

Many of us use only word, internet, and e-mail. And, some more are involved
with music. But, I don't do very much music on my computer. Just the main
three things mentioned earlier.

1. Does the desktop still "look" the same? In other words does windows D
take you directly to the desktop?

2. Can I place the programs there as in earlier versions of Windows?

3.   Can I put short cuts on the desktop the same way?

4. Does the start menu still work the same way? Can I put the three main
programs on it?

5. I understand Edge does not work very well. Can IE 11 be downloaded to the
desktop?

5. I think the same is true for the e-mail package that comes with Windows
10. Would I be able to install Outlook or WLM on the new computer?

6. How much of Jim Flush's customizing would be necessary to just do those
three main things - word, internet, and e-mail?

7. Can programs be activated from the start menu the same way?

 Thanks for any and all input you knowledgeable folks may have! Appreciate
it a lot.

Neil