Thanks for that wonderful bit of information. I am off to practice right
now.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 8:27 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] jaws and mouse over

Hi James,

Take a look at the following.  I got this from the FS website:
OnMouseOvers

Use the keystroke INSERT+CTRL+ENTER to explore OnMouseOver events whenever
you stop on a link where JAWS reports one.

EXERCISE: Open the
MouseOver page of the Surf's Up Web site  and follow along with the
instructions below.

Web page authors use OnMouseOvers to display text or images when a visitor
moves the mouse pointer over a particular part of the page. On this sample
page, when a user moves the mouse pointer over one of the product names,
which are actually graphic links, the page displays a brief summary of the
product.
When the user clicks the graphic, the page takes them to the Freedom
Scientific Web site to provide additional resources.

NOTE:  Two different things happen here depending on whether you simply move
the mouse cursor over the graphic or actually activate the link.

JAWS says, "OnMouseOver" when you move to an element with an OnMouseOver.
OnMouseOver is an attribute that Web page authors add to HTML elements to
enable OnMouseOver functionality.

Open the
MouseOver page of the Surf's Up Web site  sample page. Read through the page
first. It is relatively short. Notice that after the first heading, there
are four OnMouseOver links which JAWS identifies.
Continue reading and you will hear a brief bit of text that begins "This
page is designed to demonstrate the use of the OnMouseOver attribute. When a
mouse user moves the pointer over the image links ..." Go ahead and read
through this text. When you activate an OnMouseOver in the next series of
steps, this text will change on the screen.

Activating an OnMouseOver with JAWS actually moves the mouse cursor over the
graphic link for you. You do this by pressing INSERT+CTRL+ENTER when you
hear JAWS announce OnMouseOver links. To see how JAWS interacts with
OnMouseOvers on Web pages, do the following:

list of 7 items
1. Go to the
MouseOver page of the Surf's Up Web site  sample page and press DOWN ARROW
until you move to the one of the graphic links with an OnMouseOver.
2. Press INSERT+CTRL+ENTER to activate the OnMouseOver for that link.
3. JAWS announces that the page has changed at a certain line. On the
screen, the brief descriptive text that summarized how to use the page with
a mouse is replaced by text that describes the product.
4. Press J, type the line number JAWS spoke, and press ENTER. JAWS moves you
directly to the place on the page where the new text is displayed. Using the
Jump To Line command (J) in this manner allows you to read new information
that appears on the page when you activate an OnMouseOver. Take a moment to
read through the new text.
5. Press SHIFT+J to move back to the graphic link. Holding down SHIFT when
using the Jump To Line command moves you back to your previous location on
the page.
6. Press ENTER to activate the link. This takes you to the Freedom
Scientific Web site. You can press BACKSPACE to return to the previous page.
7. Try moving to the other OnMouseOver links and following these same steps
for more practice.
list end

JAWS Tip: Notice how pressing ENTER and pressing INSERT+CTRL+ENTER can
produce very different results with some Web page elements. Pressing
INSERT+CTRL+ENTER
simply moves the mouse pointer over the element, while pressing ENTER
actually clicks the element and moves you to the new page, or a different
spot on the current page depending on the web page author's intent.

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.  Go Dodgers, next year anyways!