No I always hit spacebar insert together wait for the pop tone and then hit the letter J just as I did in v16.
On 11/10/2015 4:40 AM, Steve wrote:
Leonard,

Maybe somebody already responded.  But, by chance, are you trying to enter those
keystrokes simultaneously?

If so, that is the incorrect way.

Press insert with Spacebar.  This brings up the area where you enter a
dual-layered keystroke.  So, after doing that, press J to bring up the Jaws
command search.

----- Original Message -----
From: leonard morris
To: jaws
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2015 2:58 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] search command error revised

Here's a more accurate description of the Jaws command key error message
I get when I press spacebar insert and j.

    An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line:      5
Char:      9
Error:      Automation server can't create object
Code:      0

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? YesNo

--
"Every country has an idenity, history, customs,  and culture. It's a unique
landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."