Bless you, but how did you figure all that out?

On 11/22/2015 5:27 PM, Mario wrote:
Jim, Alex, Adam, and anyone else, I believe the following changes carry
over to Firefox's configurations, but the following applies to how to
perform the changes in Thunderbird:

to use the configuration editor:
press alt, t for tools and then  o for options.
using the up or down cursor keys, find the advanced category, then tab
and use the right or left cursor keys to find the general sub category.
tab to the advanced configuration, config editor button and press the
spacebar key.
now, you must press the spacebar on the I’ll be careful, I promise! Button.
next, you will land in a search box where you can type the entry you are
looking for.

the following are entries to search for:

gfx.direct2d.disabled
if the boolean value is set to false, press the enter key to toggle the
value to true.

layers.acceleration.disabled
if the boolean value is set to false, press the enter key to toggle the
value to true.

layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled
if the boolean value is set to true, press the enter key to toggle the
value to false.

press control+w to close the configuration window.
restart Thunderbird/Firefox.

you should now be able to use the JAWS cursor to review the
application's window and web pages.

let us know if this worked.