open your start menu by pressing win key
arrow to all apps and open it
arrow to windows accessory folder and open
arrow down the apps
if you don't see windows live mail you need to reinstall
here's a link for it
http://www.filehippo.com/download_windows_live_mail/rss/
when you install it make sure to only check windows live mail because I think microsoft retired all the other apps
when you first open wlm it'll ask you for an email
type your gmail address enter type your pass check remember pass
enter
don't check manually configure email server
enter on gmail email help wait until gmail configures gmail on wlm
to get wlm onto windows 10 desktop
press win key
arrow to all apps
arrow to windows accessory folder and open it
arrow to windows live mail
press application key
arrow to open program location
from the window that opens find wlm press application key
from context menu
arrow to send to
right arrow
choose shortcut on desktop