when I run across a stubborn button or link that doesn't seem to activate and the methods you tried don't work, sometimes I either try to virtualize the window and click with the numpad mouse click or use JAWS's OCR feature and "click" on the button/link. if those still don't work, I try the actual left click of the mouse combined with the virtualize and OCR methods.