To create an accessible document, it is important to use styles throughout,
and in a consistent manner. The styles are then preserved if you create a
tagged PDF file, or an HTML file, allowing the recipient to use structural
navigation with a screen reader.

The other benefit of using styles well is that you can easily change the
presentation by modifying a style definition.