This question is prompted by the discussion  of the sounds from web sites that
can't be turned down.  I have not gotten very far in setting up my new Windows
10 computer, due to the intervention of my non-computer life.  I have noticed
that the separate volume controls were there, but didn't seem to be controlling
things separately, I just figured that I didn't know how to do it yet.  On this
vista computer, I can open volume mixer and control  separate volume controls
for internet explorer, jaws, etc.  You mean I can't do that in Windows 10?
When did that ability go away?  Can sighted users do it, just not those who use
screen readers?  If I no longer have access to these separate volume controls
from within the volume mixer, I consider that to be a major leap backward.
Thanks in advance, I think,for any information.

Arnold Schmidt