From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:38 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] How to adjust keyboard options in latest Jaws 17

Let me reinforce what both Mike and Maria have said. Windows Update has
suddenly become unpredictable, and I also had an inexplicable experience
with the character/word key echo feature. Regarding Mike's suggestion for
Windows Update, mine is different, but I'd follow his recommendation.
Regarding key echo, I found, as Maria posted, that I had to change the
setting in the insert-v JAWS quick settings for every application I run. I
also made the change Mike described in the insert-6 JAWS settings center,
but although it may have confirmed my insert-v settings, it wasn't enough.

I'd try to resolve these issues before returning your computer. I'd also
keep in mind that the holiday weekend is upon us, so tomorrow will be the
last day in four that FS will take you call.