Ok, Jaws continues to baffle me.  I am running Jaws 17 on a Windows
8.1 laptop. I can not get Jaws to speak.  When I turn my computer on,
I am getting sounds except from Jaws.  I have tried loading Jaws from
the desktop icon & the run command.  I did get a strange sound when I
tried entering on the icon.  I even tried loading Jaws 14, with no
results.  I have gone into the run command, typed sndvol and
experimented with the volume controls for jaws.  Still nothing.  When
I shut my computer down, it will say, Jaws for Windows.  Ok, I
surrender!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

--
Independence is yours .  Are you willing to reach for it?
Tammy