Re: [JAWS-Users] How to make jaws announce rows and colum in MS Excel
The best way to make row and column titles read with JAWS is to mark them on the spreadsheet itself, but I admit I still use the Excel-specific quick formatting.

Place the PC cursor at the intersection of the row and column you want to have titled. Then press ins +v.

Arrow down the open Excel choices until you come to Workbook, Worksheet and Region Settings.
Arrow down to Title Reading.
Arrow down to Define name column and row titles override. Set for the current file by pressing the spacebar. Arrow down to Title Reading Detection. Space bar to both column and row titles.
Press Enter and you should be good to go