JAWS 18 has a new feature that allows you to export your settings and copy
them to another JAWS installation. If you're using an older release, this
unfortunately won't be available to you. Nor will it work if you can't run
JAWS at the moment on the old machine.

Make sure you install all of the desired software on the new laptop. You need
to install it afresh. You can't just copy it over. Then look at what is stored
under your user directory on the old machine (or check your external backup),
and copy your important files individually. This should be most easily
performed from the external hard drive. It's exactly the same as copying files
from one location to another in other situations. For example, if you have
work stored under \users\yourname\Documents, this should be copied into the
corresponding place on the new system.