Hi everyone, I'm new to the list though I've had JAWS for three years and discovered jaws-users.com about 18 months ago.

Helga, does that laptop have dedicated insert and delete keys, or are those keys sharing a key with something else that requires you to hold the blue function key down to get the insert and delete functions?

If they aren't dedicated keys, you might have to consider reconfiguring JAWS to use the laptop keyboard layout which uses the caps lock key in place of the insert key.

hth