Hi,

I have just started looking at JAXEN and SAXPATH because I need an XPath parser.

My main interest is actually how a compiled XPath expression is represented. Is their any access to a persistent "internal" object representation of this XPath expression? Or maybe there is none since JAXEN is concerned with simply evaluating the expression.

For my application I have to translate Xpath expressions into yet another representation. It would be fantastic if I could pick up a parser and than just traversed the generated representation (some web of objects).

Help would be greatly appreciated.

    Stefan