All,

there's something fishy going on, but I haven't got time to fix it right
now: I'm doing this, with the DOM interface:

XPath xp = new DOMXPath(xpath);
xp.setVariableContext((JaxenContext)ctx);
xp.setNamespaceContext((JaxenNamespace)namespace);
result=xp.evaluate(context);

and I'm getting an exception: org.jaxen.UnresolvableException: Function
:local-name

Same happens for the count function. When I comment out the
setVariableContext and the setNamespaceContext, there is no exception.
Mistery..

Christian