>This error message is not created by JaxMe, but by the XML parser.
>Most possibly, the fault is on your side. A typical reason would be,
>that you have an UTF-8 encoded file and parse it by creating a
>FileReader, but not a FileInputStream.

>Jochen

Thanks for your reply Jochen.

Unfortunately I use the FileInputStream to parse the document. The document
itself is constructed via JaxMe's marshaller, based on a FileWriter as per
the JaxMe examples. I ran a test and the FileWriter uses 'Cp1252' encoding
with which I am not familiar. I t looks like I will have to coerce the
FileWriter into using UTF-8 encoding via an OutputStreamWriter (?). I will
need to experiment I think.

Thanks