2008/6/19 Peter Maher (POZ Ltd) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Is there a problem with JaxMe and Chinese characters?

The answer is almost certainly "No". It is much more likely, that
there is an error in your handling.,

> I am setting my source object property (which is a String) to the following
> "Documentary evidence (此�f明文件)"
> Storing the Chinese in a file and editing with a Hex editor shows that the
> bit in brackets reads E6 AD A4 E8 AA AA E6 98 8E E6 96 87 E4 BB B6
>
> But when I marshal my object to XML I get "Documentary evidence (?????)"
> In hex the bit in brackets is 3F 3F 3F 3F 3F

I agree, that the question marks don't look good. However, the reason
is most possibly a problem in the way you are reading and/or writing
the XML file. You do not supply code, so I am unable to guess.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

 -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)